NEC PD Comms Tool
The NEC PD Comms Tool is a utility for communicating with and configuring NEC Public Displays that feature an RS232 and/or LAN interface.
- When used together with the communications protocol specification document (available from the NEC Display Solutions website) it can be used to help understand the protocol encoding and decoding.
- Provides a quick and simple way to access many of the display controls remotely.
- Use as a test tool to quickly diagnose communications issues .
- Status information about displays can be read, including serial number, firmware version, internal temperatures etc.
- IR Remote button commands can be sent via LAN or RS232 allowing access to all of the OSD (On Screen Display) menus, even if an IR receiver isn't connected.
- A simple but powerful scripting feature allows multiple controls to be configured on multiple displays with the click of a button. Multiple scripts can be loaded and run.
Supported Operating Systems
This version of NEC PD Comms Tool is supported on Microsoft Windows XP (Home and Professional editions), Windows XP x64, Windows Vista 32 bit and x64 versions, Windows 7 32 bit and x64 versions.
Installing NEC PD Comms Tool requires an account with administrator privileges.
Supported Display Monitors
NEC PD Comms Tool supports the following large screen display models:
- NEC P series (P401, P461, P521, P402, P462 etc)
- NEC X series (X461UN, X462UN, X461HB, X431BT, X461S, X551S, X551UN etc.)
- NEC M series (M401, M461 etc.)
- NEC V series (V422, V462, V651)
- NEC Multeos M40 and M46 [RS232 connection only]
- NEC LCD20 series (LCD4020, LCD4620 etc.) [RS232 connection only]
- Newer models not listed may also be supported.