ShadowSense touch technology offers more than just an innovative, high performance, cost effective, multi-touch solution. The NEC Dashboard tool provides users with the ability to easily configure and modify the touchscreen behavior of all NEC ShadowSense touch products. Dashboard allows the user to adjust the performance and touch characteristics of the touchscreen to provide spurious touch and palm rejection, debris and static object recognition, fluid cancellation and touch object characterization. Also included with Dashboard, are comprehensive monitoring capabilities that allow users to quickly assess the health of their ShadowSense touch display, ensuring 24/7 operation of the most critical applications.
- Touch Characterization - Create the ideal multi-touch experience with control over touch point separation, speed and size to prevent accidental touches.
- Palm Rejection - Use the size of an object to differentiate a valid touch versus an unintentional touch, allowing for spurious touch and palm rejection.
- Pen and Eraser Recognition - Automatically detect the size of pen and eraser inputs and enable them for use with off-the-shelf software applications.
- Hover Distance - Sense the pressure of a touch point or allow touch operation without actually touching the screen by adjusting the hover distance.
- Transparency Detection - Shadow density can be used to detect the transparency of an object, giving the ability to exclude semi-transparent objects such as fluids.
- Standalone Application - All system changes are written and stored to the ShadowSense frame, allowing bulk changes and remote configuration.
- Hardware Monitoring - Provides immediate feedback of sensor and LED functionality for quick and easy troubleshooting, as well as remote monitoring.