Munich, 18 October 2019 – NEC Display Solutions Europe has revealed the winners of the 2019 Display Trends Forum EMEA Partner Awards at its key customer event in Porto, Portugal.
The Display Trends Forum brings together NEC’s top EMEA customers, industry experts and business leaders as well as the NEC senior leadership team. The event, held annually since 2010, has become the definitive forum to discover display technology trends, discuss new business needs with vertical solutions experts, and engage with key influencers in the industry.
This year’s forum was focused firmly on the future of visual experiences. The highlight of Day 1 was a panel discussion about the challenges and opportunities of the next 10 years, based on the recent rapid developments. The panel, moderated by Florian Rotberg, Managing Director at invidis consulting, hosted invited high-profile industry influencers and included Bernd Eberhardt, President and CEO of NEC Display Solutions Europe. The event also heard a Key Note speech from Dr Rand Hindi, data scientist and founder & CEO of Snips, who discussed artificial intelligence, machine learning and privacy related matters.
Other highlights from the event included in-depth breakout sessions on:
- dvLED – Make it Play and How to Make it Pay
- XYZ – Successful collaboration across the generational divide
- How the NEC Media Player is revolutionising digital signage
- What’s on your mind? – an open session to discuss the key challenges faced by industry attendees over the next few years
More than 129 attendees from 27 countries gathered to listen to the speakers and panels, as well as to take part in breakout sessions and networking activities.
The Display Trends Forum EMEA Partner Awards recognises exceptional achievements by NEC’s most successful partners operating across display and projection solutions for various vertical applications. This year saw the introduction of new categories for both distributors and resellers which focused more closely on measurable performance indicators.
The winners were announced at a special award ceremony during the event:
10 Years Top Performance Distributors
- Highest Total Revenue – Ingram Micro (Germany)
- Highest Year-on-Year Growth – MobilePro (Switzerland) and Veracomp (Poland)
- Highest generated Revenue per Employee – Mentor (United Kingdom)
- 10 Years Valued Presence – Auvix (Russia)
Top Reseller Partners
- Top Projector Partner, 2018/2019 Excellence – DataVision (Germany)
- Top Large Format Display Partner, 2018/2019 Excellence – Kinly (Norway)
- Top Large Venue Projection Partner, Fastest Growing Newcomer – Estalella (Spain)
- Top dvLED Project Partner, Biggest LED project – Atea (Sweden)
“We congratulate all the winners and thank everyone who took part for making this such a special event,” said Bernd Eberhardt, President and CEO of NEC Display Solutions Europe. “What makes our relationship with our distributors and resellers so strong is that we work together to identify the particular pain points experienced by our customers across every industry.”
“Everything that NEC does is focused on making life brighter for our customers, which is why our annual Display Trends Forum is so important. By discussing new developments in technology and looking to the next decade of challenges and opportunities, we can identify key trends that will influence and develop our next generation of captivating display solutions.”
The NEC Display Trends Forum 2019/20 took place from 14–16 October at Crown Plaza, Porto, Portugal.
Follow us on Twitter at @NEC_Display_EU to keep up-to-date with all NEC Display Solutions news in EMEA.