The Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 NEC Edition is the smartest combination of computing power with professional yet cost-effective Signage displays for use in retail environments, passenger information, quick service menu boards and so many more applications.
Recommended retail price (Price including 21 % VAT)
The NEC Edition of the Raspberry Pi 3 Compute Module leaves nothing to be desired
Seamlessly embedded into many NEC Large Format Displays, the Compute Module boosts the display performance to suit any visual application. This open-platform solution offers unrivalled flexibility and performance in creating customised display applications whilst securing futureproof operation with an upgrade path through its modular and exchangeable slot design. Software providers and users benefit from the vast number of already available open source solutions accessible from the global Raspberry Pi developers community. The NEC edition tops the standard Raspberry Pi performance with extended memory capabilities and intelligent Digital Signage support such as the Watch Dog Timer and Real Time Clock for scheduling. The Ethernet and USB interfaces of the display allow easy integration into a network or connection with external devices such as mouse, keyboard and touch.
|RPi3 CM + Interface Board||100014585|
|Interface Board (DS1-IF10CE)||100014584|
Delivering Genuine Benefits
- Future-Proof with Open Modular Intelligence Expansion - Upgrade the power of the display by escalating the computing power at any time to boost performance capability.
- Powerful possibilities - the Quad Core 1.2 GHZ processor provides amazing performance for crisp Full HD playback with an unrivalled price-performance ratio.
- Designed for professional Digital Signage - The NEC Edition features an extended onboard memory of 16 GB, a Watch Dog Timer and a Real Time Clock as well as pre-loaded licences for video decoding to meet the particular demands of professional signage applications.
- Unlimited versatility - Supporting a broad range of operating systems, this open platform offers high flexibility for digital signage software providers and system integrators.
- Seamless and fully embedded - Simply slotted into the display for a fully integrated solution, external mounting is obsolete. An elegant, cable-free solution with internal connection for power, video, audio, data and all control interfaces.
- Economical - enjoy high performance and low energy use with associated savings.
- High reliability - the use of industrial grade components and our advanced heat management makes this solution ideally suited for 24/7 operation.
- Trusted state-of-the-art technology - Raspberry Pi computing is a worldwide success story with proven high reliability and an unmatched price-performance ratio making it attractive for professional applications:
|Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 - NEC Edition|
|CPU||Quad Core 64-bit ARM Cortex A53 @ 1.2GHz, VideoCore IV GPU|
|Graphics||Hardware video encode / decode (MPEG2, MPEG4, H.264, VC-1 up to 1080p60), 1.2GPixel / sec OpenGL ES 2.0 3D, 4kp30 HDMI output|
|Memory||16GByte on-board eMMC|
|RAM||1Gbyte LPDDR2 SDRAM|
|Preinstalled Operating System||Raspbian Jessie with PIXEL|
|Others||Includes licenses for MPEG-2, MPEG-4, and VC-1 hardware CODECs|
|Interface Board for Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3SD|
|Interfaces||Connected External Display Interfaces: 3 x USB A, 1 x USB B (for programming the Compute Module) 2 x RJ45 network with internal switch, Infrared, internal serial and digital audio connection|
|Other features||WatchDog Timer, Realtime clock (in combination with supported NEC large format displays)|
Key Application: Combined with the latest technology these slot-in PCs are used as flight information controllers in airports, as media players for retail signage applications, as menu board play-out systems for QSR or as video conferencing clients in corporate applications and much more.
On the NEC Solutions Zone – an information and networking platform for all kinds of NEC partner solutions – you can find several use cases with RaspberryPi installations.
The latest version of the Set-up Guide can be found here.
And here you can find Frequetly Asked Questions (FAQs) .