McDonald's Digital Menu Boards
Add Image or Video
Supported file formats: jpg, png
Recommended resolution: 640x480 px
Recommended aspect ratio: 4:3
NEC Multi Sync X401S
Value Displays (NEC V323-2 & V404)
McDonald’s - Restaurant of the Future
Digital Menu boards: Improve the customer experience with dynamic pictures and videos while increasing sales
The steam of a hot cup of coffee, melting cheese on a burger – vivid menu boards raise the attention of customers by their full motion appearance. The software allows to playback a combination of high quality videos, dynamic pictures and animated text, which captures customers emotions while the decision making procedure. It thereby improves the experience in the restaurant as well as it increases sales.
Interfaces to the McDonald’s enterprise resource planning system enables each regional restaurant to changes prices individually, communicate sellouts in live time, while the daily change of the menu boards based on the daytime runs automated, e.g. for the breakfast menu. In addition the intelligent software enables the employee to adjust the display of products adapted by weather’s conditions. The change of daily, weekly or monthly offers is managed centrally across the estate in case of branch systems. This allows a maximal flexibility and location based targeting. Beside the digital menu boards McDonald’s Deutschland implemented interactive terminals with nutrition tables and ingredients of the products in order to give the customers the whole spectrum of information.
- Presentation of the product range and special offers including location optimised advertising for targeted sales of selected products
- Increased sales through cross-selling and upselling by brand emotionalization
- Improved customer experience
- Flexibility through the opportunity to adjust e.g. prices in live time
- Reduced operational costs and workload of the personnel by the automatic change of the menu based on the prevailing weekdays and day times and the central administration
- Image enhancement and improvement of the offer perception
MDT’s digital signage software in combination with the NEC’s displays, which stand out due to the 5 years preservation of the model series, is the ideal long-term solution for an effective visual communication like information purposes, advertising or entertainment while providing a fully scalable system.