NEC Solutions Zone
Solution that empowers advertising agencies and retailers to broadcast their brand story to the world by providing them with the easiest digital signage solution on the market.
We offer the easiest dynamic display solution out there. It empowers users to create an infinite variety of content scenarios and high-impact messages perfectly tailored to their needs and context.
We empower communicators to showcase their stories and to transform every screen into an opportunity to engage with their target audience. We enable them to be creative, agile and responsive in the design and delivery of their broadcast scenarios.
Today, more than 12,000 screens are being managed via our platform in 32 countries for companies such as Shell, Phenix Group, Mama Shelter, Spie, Lagardère Travel Retail, Boulanger or even Axa and Etam.
As part of the Alliance partnership with NEC Display Solutions, Cenareo Content Management System is availalbe to be installed directly from the NEC MediaPlayer.
Delivery of six InfoBoxes with dual touch monitors 55” installed at Warsaw Chopin Airport devices are IB REACTA 2x55. They were made from epoxy laminate with dedicated software KIOSK BROWSER based on Digital Signage DINE platform.
DS DINE software is an application used for content presentation in client-server architecture. It is dedicated for systems based on large displays as well as touch screens (single and multi-touch), and monitors used in the InfoBoxes and Totems. It guarantees presentation and remote updates various content on multimedia mediums.
DS DINE allows preparation, projection and remote management of the content within respective modules
Specific information, advertisements and messages are directed to exact mediums, at precise time with content fitted to display’s location.
Infoboxes at Warsaw Chopin Airport are part of Platforma Lokalizacji Pasażerów system implemented by company INOVATICA. Our task included design, production and installation of the product. The challenge was not only the high demands for utility of Infoboxes, but also the logistics of the installation. InfoBox in the airport hall is not only functional and modern, but also very stable. Thanks to our project, the device can be also used by the disabled on the wheelchairs. Due to situation that InfoBoxes were not only installed in the land side, but also in the air side, work could be done only at night at the specific hours. Completion of the task confirmed design, production and installation high competences of our employees.
Waapiti, the most intuitive digital signage platform, integrated into the P and V series of NEC
The challenge: Jean Louis David hair salons sector had a problem of not having the flexibility and immediacy to change pricing and promotions in the windows.
The aim: to speed up and provide flexibility to Jean Louis David hair salons franchise when promoting their services in the windows, and attract customers, as well as generating cross-selling.
The solution: In this case, in San Fernando Jean Louis David’s franchise, the problem was solved through the implementation of 55” professional vertical screen in the windows that integrates Waapiti digital signage platform into Raspberry Pi Firmware.
The success: is achieved through a communication consulting service that comes from the Waapiti content department, as well as a customer support & technical maintenance team. The content design service and self-management of each hair salon provide a remarkable value for a franchise brand: adapting two campaign each year, creating templates and managing contents weekly. Projects like this one demonstrate that a digital signage service goes far beyond just equipment.
Advantages of Waapiti digital signage platform:
SaaS platform cloud based
Linux-based player software
Total stability: local playback
co-management & access from different user levels
Management based on tags
Dynamic content: smart playlists and HTML templates
Waapiti’s Raspberry Pi firmware developed for digital signage is very advanced in terms of functionality and is a simple and clear way to offer a unique and complete solution of digital signage.
Advantages of working on a integrated hardware on the manufacturer’s display:
Ease of installation and maintenance
reduces amount of necessary cabling (power, connectivity, serial control)
About Waapiti - The Waapiti digital signage platform is integrated into the P and V series of NEC large format professional displays. The Waapiti platform has a good track record in the market: over 7 years running and more than 1,000 players installed. Also, being one of the first platforms to use the Raspberry Pi hardware has given Waapiti a lot of experience, which results in great stability in digital signage projects.
The Museum of Papermaking in Duszniki-Zdrój
In the old paper drying building, we have created two new showrooms and a specially designed educational room.
SLX was responsiblefor the implementation of a dedicated museum set with associated multimedia and interactive systems. The whole exhibition was supported with specially prepared applications for visitors.
The biggest challenge in the project was to settle the new technology in the old wooden space in accordance with the museums’ requirements. And that's why the highest safety standards were kept. The new exhibitions were adjusted to the needs of people with movement, sight and hearing disorders.
Paper money in Poland Exhibition
The exhibition presents the history of Polish paper money since its very beginning in 1794. The manner of supplying information through an attractive multimedia form was optimized in order to amuse a vast group of receivers — it will interest both children and adults.
Dedicated NEC monitors with specially prepared touch pads under thick pane of glass were installed in this part of museum. NEC M353WS series were used for short-throw projections on the glass and videomapping. All the equipment is managed and monitored by a specially prepared control system.
Paper art Exhibition
The place where artists from the field of paper art are able to organize exhibitions, workshops, open air sessions and meetings. The new permanent exhibition is based on authentic works of artists and complemented by multimedia presentations.
Powerful NEC PA653U projectors with projection on the glass and dedicated interactive kiosks with NEC LCD were installed there. The exhibition is complemented by very specialized lights and sound that are made for the museum rooms.
The new specially designed and multi-functional room creates comfortable conditions for both visitors and lecturers. It provides the opportunity to enhance the offer of workshops and museum classes as well as complement them with multimedia (large format LCD displays and projection)
Yodeck - Cloud Digital Signage on the Raspberry Pi
Who said that Digital Signage is just about the Display or the Player? Yodeck.com is a complete Digital Signage cloud service that powers thousands of screens around the world and used by big brands, such as Dominos, Pizza Hut, Delta and UPS.
What can you do with Yodeck?
- Manage what gets displayed on public screens, how, and when it gets displayed
- Show combined layouts of Videos/PPT, Images, YouTube, Web, Live Streams, RSS Tickers, Widgets
- Use the same Player for Digital Signage and In-Store Audio
- Super-Easy Central Management Dashboard
- One Yodeck Player Connected to Each Monitor
- Simple & Affordable Pricing: Monthly/Annual Fee per Monitor
- Innovative Features Coming Up
What is unique about Yodeck?
Yodeck combines three characteristics that, together, make it unique:
- Designed for Low-Cost Player Hardware - currently works with:
- NEC Vxx4 & Pxx4 series displays, or
- external Raspberry Pi 3 Player we provide, ready to be used
- any Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3, Zero, Compute Module
- playback is hardware-accelerated on all options, for smooth playback
- Affordable service pricing - with remote support and software updates included
- Easy but Powerful Management Dashboard - supports any kind of content you can think of, while still staying simple so that anyone can use it
Why is Yodeck better than others?
- Unparallel Content Compatibility
- Typical Media: Images (any format), Videos (any format), Web Sites and HTML ZIP files
- Documents: PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Streams: YouTube, Ustream, HLS, UDP, RTP and more
- Widgets: RSS Tickers (Scrolling Texts), clocks, Weather, and more
- Flexible & Easy Management
- Intuitive Web User Interface, so that any User or Department (HR, Marketing, etc) can manage content
- Mass-manage huge number of Media, with folders
- Create Playlists, with instant transitions between all types of content
- Define Shows (layouts), arranging Media/Playlists in a drag-and-drop screen layout editor
- Schedule playback, with a calendar-like view
- Easily manage thousands of screens using Tags
- Sub-Playlists and Tag-based Playlists for handling large collections of Media
- Proof-of-Play (Playback Reports)
- Enhanced Connectivity
- Ethernet (embedded or USB), WiFi (embedded or USB), 3G/4G/LTE (USB)
- HTTP Proxies, Web Filtering Access List, DHCP/StaticIP, and any networking configuration required
- Works over poor connections, can withstand total Internet outage of up to 30 days.
- Video-Wall Support (using 1 Player per screen + 1 "Master" Player)
- Increased Security
- Multiple Users with Permissions
- Detailed Access Control with "Workspaces", ideal for multiple content managers across different locations
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Encrypted Digital Signatures for verifying scheduling authenticity
- TLS for communication and content authenticity
- Hardened Player software, Firewalled
- Single-Sign On using SAML
- IP Whitelisting for Users
- Custom Password Policy
- Try Before You Buy
Who is using Yodeck and for what?
Yodeck is currently serving customers in the following industries:
- Menuboards - from small diners and cafes, incl. big brands like Dominos, Pizza Hut and McDonalds
- Internal Communications - companies of varying size and usage, incl. brands like Delta, Heineken and UPS
- Retail - businesses with physical store in a huge selection of retail industries, incl. brands like Flight Centre and American Express
- Dashboards / KPIs - display any kind of statistics and reports live on screens. incl. Brookhaven National Laboratory that use Yodeck to display status and statistics from their NSLS II particle accelerator.
- Transportation - from train stations schedule screens, to airports like Perth Airport
- Hospitality - used in tens of Hotels, in reception screens, Hotel channels, even pay-per-view STBs
- Healthcare - clinics, vetinaries, dentists, and more
- Betting - Betting Operators for in-shop live streaming and data feeds
- Education - several school districts, private schools, universities, research labs
- Promotional - countless businesses promoting their own services and activities
- Ad Networks - partners building networks, selling display time
With thousands of customers and more than 120 Partners in 30+ countries around the world, Yodeck can help any business make the best out of their screens.
Draco OPS+ KVM extender
The Draco OPS/OPS+ KVM extender simplifies the installation, operation and management of remote displays in retail signage, passenger information, medical and other applications.
A single module inserted into a standard OPS+ socket delivers HD and 4K video and digital audio connectivity, with full interactivity. Single wire connection – Cat X or fiber enables remote connection to displays up to 140 m / 10 km from the media source.
For hard-to-access and highly secure installations and for better system management the Draco OPS+ KVM extender delivers the ideal solution.
- High performance AV extension – Lossless video to 4K 60Hz, 4:4:4
- Single wire connection – Up to 140 m – 10 Km (Cat X and fiber)
- Safe, secure - Prevents eavesdropping and unauthorized access
- Flexible, instant switching – Matrix switchable, 8 – 576 ports
- Fully interactive – Instant USB 2.0, USB 3.0 data transfer
- Reliable - Built-in redundancy, hardware back-up
- Enhanced management – Monitoring and control of signage systems
- Ideal for signage applications – Retail, public venues, transport, finance
The Draco OPS+ KVM extender is compatible with every display with an OPS+ slot. Backward compatibility with OPS displays..
Flexible, maintainable and reliable
Allows displays to be located anywhere, with single cable connection and no additional power or network cables..
Maintains full interactivity for single/multi-touch and gesture displays.
Source switching: any source to any display
A KVM matrix switch enables simple connection of any source, of any signal type to any display; ensuring the right content is seen on every screen, whenever it is needed and wherever it is. Through a convenient user control interface or bespoke controller.
Reliability and continuous operation
By centrally locating source computers, system maintenance and up-time is improved. Controlled switching and enhanced monitoring from a central point raises confidence in the operational integrity of the display network.
Security in Operation
KVM extenders greatly enhance security by restricting physical access and preventing electrical intrusion. With controlled access to computers and secured access rights, only authorized personnel can reach sensitive and critical source devices.
At the University of West of Scotland (UWS), a new technology-rich reception area has been created at the entrance to the Paisley campus named as “The Atrium”
The centre-piece of which is a single monolith, digital display wall:
- comprising of 32 off NEC X463UN 46” video wall displays in an 8x4 array
- overall size of the whole combine display is approx. 8.36 x 2.48M
Control is provided by a PIPView BlackBIRD video wall controller:
- managing a digital canvas of 32 displays each @ 1920x1080
- total native resolution of 15,360 x 4,320 available
- input of 16 channels – with 12 of these at 4K with stereo audio
There is a further video wall which is located behind the reception desk, control again is via another PIPView BlackBIRD unit:
- this is in a 3x3 array with the same 46” video wall display units
- total native resolution is 5,760 x 3,240
- with 4 off 4K inputs
For ease of operation, the system uses pre-set layout templates, easily selectable from a touch panel in reception.
With both video walls; to maintain quality across the whole digital canvas from the various input sources, all screens are driven at native HD resolution with the ability to display any input, any size, in any position (PIP picture in picture).
Jim O’Donnell, CIO at UWS commented “the new display area is incredible, it has been a huge hit with our students and staff alike. The technology will allow students to share digital output, bringing to life a key element of our DREAM-BELIEVE-ACHIEVE focus”
Located in Glasgow, Scotland the installation was completed in Spring 2016
The new facility was officially opened by H.R.H. the Princess Royal during a visit to the Campus on 12th February.
Tiny Hardware, Huge Impact
It doesn't take much to set up a new Screenly display. Take a TV, add a cost effective, tiny Raspberry Pi and display full HD quality moving imagery, web content and static images in moments.
Manage a Media Empire from Home
Whether you have a single screen in your store, or a thousand screens nationwide, manage them all within a single powerful web interface.
Set and Forget
Store your assets in the Screenly cloud for reliable long term storage. We take care of video encoding and local caching.
Ensure optimal uptime for your displays through automatic security updates and Screenly's central software management.
Monitor the Health of your Displays
Check up on the status of your display nodes in Screenly's web interface, including node uptime and connectivity status and what's currently showing.
Roll out a new display in just 4 steps. We've solved all the tricky technical problems for you so that you can focus on getting the best content in front of your audience today.