NEC Solutions Zone
Solution that empowers advertising agencies and retailers to broadcast their brand story to the world by providing them with the easiest digital signage solution on the market.
We offer the easiest dynamic display solution out there. It empowers users to create an infinite variety of content scenarios and high-impact messages perfectly tailored to their needs and context.
We empower communicators to showcase their stories and to transform every screen into an opportunity to engage with their target audience. We enable them to be creative, agile and responsive in the design and delivery of their broadcast scenarios.
Today, more than 12,000 screens are being managed via our platform in 32 countries for companies such as Shell, Phenix Group, Mama Shelter, Spie, Lagardère Travel Retail, Boulanger or even Axa and Etam.
As part of the Alliance partnership with NEC Display Solutions, Cenareo Content Management System is availalbe to be installed directly from the NEC MediaPlayer.
JohnRyan plans, delivers and manages large scale digital signage solutions for leading corporations. We specialize in digital signage for the retail bank branch and for internal employee communications.
We provide an enterprise level CMS and end-to-end skills and services that deliver World Class digital signage programs. We provide complete support from planning though deployment and ongoing managament; we are essentially an extra member of your team. Our services are modular so you can simply pick and choose the services you need to ensure you have exactly the right level of service support.
Our solutions are agnostic to media player and content distribution solution affording maximum flexibility and our solutions are designed to meet the rigorous security requirements of retail banks.
We are differentiated by the exceptional level of upfront and ongoing support we provide our clients, and by our patented monitoring tools that keep our client’s screens from ever going dark. We take complex project requirements and transform these into tailored solutions at scale.
Make your Brand an Experience. Create Collaboration.
smartPerform sets the new standard for interactive presentation and collaboration environments. This software allows users to create and operate individual user interfaces without programming knowledge. It combines the stability of the standard solution with a flexibility previously only achieved by individual programming. Variable and simple solutions for content maintenance provide efficiency, flexibility and design freedom for all projects.
This combination makes the difference – your desire for innovative functions, adapted operating processes, customized design and a wide spectrum of applications becomes reality.
Standardized user interfaces, so-called apps, complement the smartPerform portfolio. As the elementary core of a specific interactive application, we create these apps on your behalf as functional surface solutions for your bundles of products.
Marken erlebbar machen. Kollaboration gestalten.
smartPerform setzt den neuen Maßstab für interaktive Präsentations- und Kollaborationsumgebungen. Diese Software erlaubt Anwendern ohne Programmierkenntnisse individuelle Benutzeroberflächen zu erstellen und zu betreiben. Sie verbindet die Stabilität der Standardlösung mit einer Flexibilität, die bisher nur die individuelle Programmierung erreicht hat. Variable und einfache Lösungen bei der Inhaltspflege sorgen für Effizienz, Flexibilität und Gestaltungsspielräume bei allen Projekten.
Diese Kombination macht den Unterschied – Ihre Wünsche an innovative Funktionen, angepasste Betriebsprozesse, individuelle Gestaltung und an das Spektrum der Anwendungen werden Wirklichkeit.
Standardisierte Benutzeroberflächen, sogenannte Apps, ergänzen das smartPerform Portfolio. Als elementarer Kern einer spezifischen interaktiven Anwendung erstellen wir diese Apps in Ihrem Auftrag als funktionale Oberflächenlösungen für Ihre Produktbundles.
Put your customers into the driver’s seat and offer them to control what to see in those digital signage displays you use in your shop window.
Our StoreFrontControl unit can be easily installed and works out-of-the-box with any media player. It offers the user easy control over what is displayed on a display – be it flipping through a newspaper, choosing products from a portfolio or steering any other content.
StoreFrontControl works through single, double or even triple glassing (LowE glass) and installs itself as a HID keyboard through a USB connection. That way it works with any operating system (Windows, Linux, MacOS, Brightsign, Spinetix and many more) and any software platform like browser based content or specialised applications – the software just needs to react to keyboard commands.
Please download the brochure, or click the "more information" button to learn more about the challenges, the solution and the result of the innovative weShop concept solution.
Yodeck - Cloud Digital Signage on the Raspberry Pi
Who said that Digital Signage is just about the Display or the Player? Yodeck.com is a complete Digital Signage cloud service that powers thousands of screens around the world and used by big brands, such as Dominos, Pizza Hut, Delta and UPS.
What can you do with Yodeck?
- Manage what gets displayed on public screens, how, and when it gets displayed
- Show combined layouts of Videos/PPT, Images, YouTube, Web, Live Streams, RSS Tickers, Widgets
- Use the same Player for Digital Signage and In-Store Audio
- Super-Easy Central Management Dashboard
- One Yodeck Player Connected to Each Monitor
- Simple & Affordable Pricing: Monthly/Annual Fee per Monitor
- Innovative Features Coming Up
What is unique about Yodeck?
Yodeck combines three characteristics that, together, make it unique:
- Designed for Low-Cost Player Hardware - currently works with:
- NEC Vxx4 & Pxx4 series displays, or
- external Raspberry Pi 3 Player we provide, ready to be used
- any Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3, Zero, Compute Module
- playback is hardware-accelerated on all options, for smooth playback
- Affordable service pricing - with remote support and software updates included
- Easy but Powerful Management Dashboard - supports any kind of content you can think of, while still staying simple so that anyone can use it
Why is Yodeck better than others?
- Unparallel Content Compatibility
- Typical Media: Images (any format), Videos (any format), Web Sites and HTML ZIP files
- Documents: PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Streams: YouTube, Ustream, HLS, UDP, RTP and more
- Widgets: RSS Tickers (Scrolling Texts), clocks, Weather, and more
- Flexible & Easy Management
- Intuitive Web User Interface, so that any User or Department (HR, Marketing, etc) can manage content
- Mass-manage huge number of Media, with folders
- Create Playlists, with instant transitions between all types of content
- Define Shows (layouts), arranging Media/Playlists in a drag-and-drop screen layout editor
- Schedule playback, with a calendar-like view
- Easily manage thousands of screens using Tags
- Sub-Playlists and Tag-based Playlists for handling large collections of Media
- Proof-of-Play (Playback Reports)
- Enhanced Connectivity
- Ethernet (embedded or USB), WiFi (embedded or USB), 3G/4G/LTE (USB)
- HTTP Proxies, Web Filtering Access List, DHCP/StaticIP, and any networking configuration required
- Works over poor connections, can withstand total Internet outage of up to 30 days.
- Video-Wall Support (using 1 Player per screen + 1 "Master" Player)
- Increased Security
- Multiple Users with Permissions
- Detailed Access Control with "Workspaces", ideal for multiple content managers across different locations
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Encrypted Digital Signatures for verifying scheduling authenticity
- TLS for communication and content authenticity
- Hardened Player software, Firewalled
- Single-Sign On using SAML
- IP Whitelisting for Users
- Custom Password Policy
- Try Before You Buy
Who is using Yodeck and for what?
Yodeck is currently serving customers in the following industries:
- Menuboards - from small diners and cafes, incl. big brands like Dominos, Pizza Hut and McDonalds
- Internal Communications - companies of varying size and usage, incl. brands like Delta, Heineken and UPS
- Retail - businesses with physical store in a huge selection of retail industries, incl. brands like Flight Centre and American Express
- Dashboards / KPIs - display any kind of statistics and reports live on screens. incl. Brookhaven National Laboratory that use Yodeck to display status and statistics from their NSLS II particle accelerator.
- Transportation - from train stations schedule screens, to airports like Perth Airport
- Hospitality - used in tens of Hotels, in reception screens, Hotel channels, even pay-per-view STBs
- Healthcare - clinics, vetinaries, dentists, and more
- Betting - Betting Operators for in-shop live streaming and data feeds
- Education - several school districts, private schools, universities, research labs
- Promotional - countless businesses promoting their own services and activities
- Ad Networks - partners building networks, selling display time
With thousands of customers and more than 120 Partners in 30+ countries around the world, Yodeck can help any business make the best out of their screens.
NEC PX1004UL Laser Projector - Simply Install And Relax
More than 20,000 hours of hassle free operation and high quality performance combined with low TCO thanks to the laser light source, the sealed light engine and the integrated liquid cooling system. The NEC scaler chip and the Sweetvision contrast enhancement deliver best image performance, clarity and crispness. And the free tilt and geometric control makes the PX1004UL extremely flexible and with projector stacking you can even reach a brightness of up to 40,000 ANSI lumen and a 4K resolution.
Draco OPS+ KVM extender
The Draco OPS/OPS+ KVM extender simplifies the installation, operation and management of remote displays in retail signage, passenger information, medical and other applications.
A single module inserted into a standard OPS+ socket delivers HD and 4K video and digital audio connectivity, with full interactivity. Single wire connection – Cat X or fiber enables remote connection to displays up to 140 m / 10 km from the media source.
For hard-to-access and highly secure installations and for better system management the Draco OPS+ KVM extender delivers the ideal solution.
- High performance AV extension – Lossless video to 4K 60Hz, 4:4:4
- Single wire connection – Up to 140 m – 10 Km (Cat X and fiber)
- Safe, secure - Prevents eavesdropping and unauthorized access
- Flexible, instant switching – Matrix switchable, 8 – 576 ports
- Fully interactive – Instant USB 2.0, USB 3.0 data transfer
- Reliable - Built-in redundancy, hardware back-up
- Enhanced management – Monitoring and control of signage systems
- Ideal for signage applications – Retail, public venues, transport, finance
The Draco OPS+ KVM extender is compatible with every display with an OPS+ slot. Backward compatibility with OPS displays..
Flexible, maintainable and reliable
Allows displays to be located anywhere, with single cable connection and no additional power or network cables..
Maintains full interactivity for single/multi-touch and gesture displays.
Source switching: any source to any display
A KVM matrix switch enables simple connection of any source, of any signal type to any display; ensuring the right content is seen on every screen, whenever it is needed and wherever it is. Through a convenient user control interface or bespoke controller.
Reliability and continuous operation
By centrally locating source computers, system maintenance and up-time is improved. Controlled switching and enhanced monitoring from a central point raises confidence in the operational integrity of the display network.
Security in Operation
KVM extenders greatly enhance security by restricting physical access and preventing electrical intrusion. With controlled access to computers and secured access rights, only authorized personnel can reach sensitive and critical source devices.
Context-aware Retail Signage: Clas Ohlson - In the Clas Ohlson flagship store located in the recently opened Mall of Scandinavia in Stockholm, NEC teamed up with SMS/Smart Media Solutions, and Smartsign to create a new digitalized display solution that interacts with customers and shows commercial messages.
First, the screen was prepared with leafengine sensor technology and Smartsign software in the integrated computer - the Slot-in PC located on the back of the screen. Next, the screen was mounted in the custom made and stable stand, created by SMS/Smart Media Solutions. Two sensors were installed – one sensor senses if someone gets closer than one meter to the screen and the other one, a light-sensor, senses when the product is lifted from the shelf at the stand. The sensors were calibrated to be adapted to local light conditions. When the sensors are triggered, new messages appear on the screen. The stand integrates a professional NEC 40” display, leafengine sensor technology, two sensors and Smartsign software, along with the retail products from Kärcher and a product demonstration video. All in all, Clas Ohlson got a new integrated in-store display that engages with customers through a digital visual solution.
NEC leafengine - Making digital signage interactive with leafengine, a unified sensor - software connectivity that enables access to a broad catalogue of sensors, including gender and age classification, proximity detection, NFC, QR-Codes and many others.
Digital Signage, InStore Assistant, Self Service and Touch Mirror
The connection to the Onlineshop is ensured by the Digital Signage solution, a self service terminal, the InStore Assistant as a customer consulting tool for employees, as well as a mirror with built-in touch screen.
The 80 "digital signage screens in the shop window and as video walls in the checkout area play product videos and image pictures.
With the help of the wall-mounted self-service terminal and the 2m large mirror with built-in touch-screen, customers can capture articles via scanners and query availabilities, sizes and colors. By linking to Omnichannel processes, the articles can be ordered directly. Delivery options Ship-to-Store or Ship-to-Home are available. With the help of the InStore Assistant on smartphones, customer consultants can request item stocks and order items from other stores or the onlineshop for the customer.
The BÄR GmbH a manufactory for comfortable shoes with 22 stores throughout Germany uses for the sales consulting a combination of Guided Selling and Digital Signage .
The employees control over their mobile device, the content that will be shown on screens or video screens at the POS. This can be an emotional video as well as product or availability information or matching accessories.
Successful reference project @ the Adler Modemärkte AG shows how they benefits from the digitization of the sales floor.
The sales promotion applications are deployed at various locations of the Adler Company. In all locations the solutions demonstrate how digital solutions and personal service are intertwined and thus give the sales personnel more time to take care of customers and focus on their core tasks.
• InStore Assistant - sales advice with mobile devices
• Interactive fitting room - browse the collection and get inspired
• Digital signage at the POS - for guaranteed more attention
• Cab Occupancy App - displays occupancy
At the University of West of Scotland (UWS), a new technology-rich reception area has been created at the entrance to the Paisley campus named as “The Atrium”
The centre-piece of which is a single monolith, digital display wall:
- comprising of 32 off NEC X463UN 46” video wall displays in an 8x4 array
- overall size of the whole combine display is approx. 8.36 x 2.48M
Control is provided by a PIPView BlackBIRD video wall controller:
- managing a digital canvas of 32 displays each @ 1920x1080
- total native resolution of 15,360 x 4,320 available
- input of 16 channels – with 12 of these at 4K with stereo audio
There is a further video wall which is located behind the reception desk, control again is via another PIPView BlackBIRD unit:
- this is in a 3x3 array with the same 46” video wall display units
- total native resolution is 5,760 x 3,240
- with 4 off 4K inputs
For ease of operation, the system uses pre-set layout templates, easily selectable from a touch panel in reception.
With both video walls; to maintain quality across the whole digital canvas from the various input sources, all screens are driven at native HD resolution with the ability to display any input, any size, in any position (PIP picture in picture).
Jim O’Donnell, CIO at UWS commented “the new display area is incredible, it has been a huge hit with our students and staff alike. The technology will allow students to share digital output, bringing to life a key element of our DREAM-BELIEVE-ACHIEVE focus”
Located in Glasgow, Scotland the installation was completed in Spring 2016
The new facility was officially opened by H.R.H. the Princess Royal during a visit to the Campus on 12th February.
BroadSign is the leading ad tech company providing secure and reliable automated digital signage software to media owners and operators across the globe. Enabling the effective management of dynamic content across complex global networks, BroadSign powers over 120,000 displays in venues such as airports, shopping malls, health clinics and cinemas.
BroadSign’s software suite includes BroadSign Core for content distribution, playback and proof of performance, BroadSign Serv Direct for sales inventory availability and proposal generation, and BroadSign Serv SSP for exposure to new buyers through a customized programmatic digital out-of-home solution.
Screenly digital signage management software
With Screenly, you can transform your NEC screens into powerful digital signs. Using an online Screenly account, you can manage your digital signs from anywhere.
Tiny hardware, huge impact
Using an add-on Screenly Player or built-in Raspberry Pi, you can display 1080p Full HD images, videos, web content, calendars, and more.
Manage a media empire from anywhere
Whether you have a single screen in your store or a thousand screens nationwide, you can manage your screens remotely using our powerful web interface and advanced scheduling features.
Fast digital signage setup
Upload content to the Screenly cloud, and display your content on your screens in just a few clicks. We take care of all the complicated parts, like video encoding and local caching.
Automatic updates and a focus on security
We keep your digital signs secure and functioning properly with automatic software updates. Users can also keep their digital signs secure with two-factor authentication.
Monitor display health remotely
Check the display status of each screen on a central dashboard within your online Screenly account. You can review each screen’s display and connectivity status remotely and receive updates if a screen experiences playback issues.
Get started with Screenly
You can get started with Screenly for free with our 14-day free trial.