NEC Solutions Zone
Delivery of six InfoBoxes with dual touch monitors 55” installed at Warsaw Chopin Airport devices are IB REACTA 2x55. They were made from epoxy laminate with dedicated software KIOSK BROWSER based on Digital Signage DINE platform.
DS DINE software is an application used for content presentation in client-server architecture. It is dedicated for systems based on large displays as well as touch screens (single and multi-touch), and monitors used in the InfoBoxes and Totems. It guarantees presentation and remote updates various content on multimedia mediums.
DS DINE allows preparation, projection and remote management of the content within respective modules
Specific information, advertisements and messages are directed to exact mediums, at precise time with content fitted to display’s location.
Infoboxes at Warsaw Chopin Airport are part of Platforma Lokalizacji Pasażerów system implemented by company INOVATICA. Our task included design, production and installation of the product. The challenge was not only the high demands for utility of Infoboxes, but also the logistics of the installation. InfoBox in the airport hall is not only functional and modern, but also very stable. Thanks to our project, the device can be also used by the disabled on the wheelchairs. Due to situation that InfoBoxes were not only installed in the land side, but also in the air side, work could be done only at night at the specific hours. Completion of the task confirmed design, production and installation high competences of our employees.
Waapiti, the most intuitive digital signage platform, integrated into the P and V series of NEC
The challenge: Jean Louis David hair salons sector had a problem of not having the flexibility and immediacy to change pricing and promotions in the windows.
The aim: to speed up and provide flexibility to Jean Louis David hair salons franchise when promoting their services in the windows, and attract customers, as well as generating cross-selling.
The solution: In this case, in San Fernando Jean Louis David’s franchise, the problem was solved through the implementation of 55” professional vertical screen in the windows that integrates Waapiti digital signage platform into Raspberry Pi Firmware.
The success: is achieved through a communication consulting service that comes from the Waapiti content department, as well as a customer support & technical maintenance team. The content design service and self-management of each hair salon provide a remarkable value for a franchise brand: adapting two campaign each year, creating templates and managing contents weekly. Projects like this one demonstrate that a digital signage service goes far beyond just equipment.
Advantages of Waapiti digital signage platform:
SaaS platform cloud based
Linux-based player software
Total stability: local playback
co-management & access from different user levels
Management based on tags
Dynamic content: smart playlists and HTML templates
Waapiti’s Raspberry Pi firmware developed for digital signage is very advanced in terms of functionality and is a simple and clear way to offer a unique and complete solution of digital signage.
Advantages of working on a integrated hardware on the manufacturer’s display:
Ease of installation and maintenance
reduces amount of necessary cabling (power, connectivity, serial control)
About Waapiti - The Waapiti digital signage platform is integrated into the P and V series of NEC large format professional displays. The Waapiti platform has a good track record in the market: over 7 years running and more than 1,000 players installed. Also, being one of the first platforms to use the Raspberry Pi hardware has given Waapiti a lot of experience, which results in great stability in digital signage projects.
Yodeck - Cloud Digital Signage on the Raspberry Pi
Who said that Digital Signage is just about the Display or the Player? Yodeck.com is a complete Digital Signage cloud service that powers thousands of screens around the world and used by big brands, such as Dominos, Pizza Hut, Delta and UPS.
What can you do with Yodeck?
- Manage what gets displayed on public screens, how, and when it gets displayed
- Show combined layouts of Videos/PPT, Images, YouTube, Web, Live Streams, RSS Tickers, Widgets
- Use the same Player for Digital Signage and In-Store Audio
- Super-Easy Central Management Dashboard
- One Yodeck Player Connected to Each Monitor
- Simple & Affordable Pricing: Monthly/Annual Fee per Monitor
- Innovative Features Coming Up
What is unique about Yodeck?
Yodeck combines three characteristics that, together, make it unique:
- Designed for Low-Cost Player Hardware - currently works with:
- NEC Vxx4 & Pxx4 series displays, or
- external Raspberry Pi 3 Player we provide, ready to be used
- any Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3, Zero, Compute Module
- playback is hardware-accelerated on all options, for smooth playback
- Affordable service pricing - with remote support and software updates included
- Easy but Powerful Management Dashboard - supports any kind of content you can think of, while still staying simple so that anyone can use it
Why is Yodeck better than others?
- Unparallel Content Compatibility
- Typical Media: Images (any format), Videos (any format), Web Sites and HTML ZIP files
- Documents: PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Streams: YouTube, Ustream, HLS, UDP, RTP and more
- Widgets: RSS Tickers (Scrolling Texts), clocks, Weather, and more
- Flexible & Easy Management
- Intuitive Web User Interface, so that any User or Department (HR, Marketing, etc) can manage content
- Mass-manage huge number of Media, with folders
- Create Playlists, with instant transitions between all types of content
- Define Shows (layouts), arranging Media/Playlists in a drag-and-drop screen layout editor
- Schedule playback, with a calendar-like view
- Easily manage thousands of screens using Tags
- Sub-Playlists and Tag-based Playlists for handling large collections of Media
- Proof-of-Play (Playback Reports)
- Enhanced Connectivity
- Ethernet (embedded or USB), WiFi (embedded or USB), 3G/4G/LTE (USB)
- HTTP Proxies, Web Filtering Access List, DHCP/StaticIP, and any networking configuration required
- Works over poor connections, can withstand total Internet outage of up to 30 days.
- Video-Wall Support (using 1 Player per screen + 1 "Master" Player)
- Increased Security
- Multiple Users with Permissions
- Detailed Access Control with "Workspaces", ideal for multiple content managers across different locations
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Encrypted Digital Signatures for verifying scheduling authenticity
- TLS for communication and content authenticity
- Hardened Player software, Firewalled
- Single-Sign On using SAML
- IP Whitelisting for Users
- Custom Password Policy
- Try Before You Buy
Who is using Yodeck and for what?
Yodeck is currently serving customers in the following industries:
- Menuboards - from small diners and cafes, incl. big brands like Dominos, Pizza Hut and McDonalds
- Internal Communications - companies of varying size and usage, incl. brands like Delta, Heineken and UPS
- Retail - businesses with physical store in a huge selection of retail industries, incl. brands like Flight Centre and American Express
- Dashboards / KPIs - display any kind of statistics and reports live on screens. incl. Brookhaven National Laboratory that use Yodeck to display status and statistics from their NSLS II particle accelerator.
- Transportation - from train stations schedule screens, to airports like Perth Airport
- Hospitality - used in tens of Hotels, in reception screens, Hotel channels, even pay-per-view STBs
- Healthcare - clinics, vetinaries, dentists, and more
- Betting - Betting Operators for in-shop live streaming and data feeds
- Education - several school districts, private schools, universities, research labs
- Promotional - countless businesses promoting their own services and activities
- Ad Networks - partners building networks, selling display time
With thousands of customers and more than 120 Partners in 30+ countries around the world, Yodeck can help any business make the best out of their screens.
Please download the brochure to learn more about the challenges, the solution and the result of the Saint-Emillion Tourist Information solution.
Draco OPS+ KVM extender
The Draco OPS/OPS+ KVM extender simplifies the installation, operation and management of remote displays in retail signage, passenger information, medical and other applications.
A single module inserted into a standard OPS+ socket delivers HD and 4K video and digital audio connectivity, with full interactivity. Single wire connection – Cat X or fiber enables remote connection to displays up to 140 m / 10 km from the media source.
For hard-to-access and highly secure installations and for better system management the Draco OPS+ KVM extender delivers the ideal solution.
- High performance AV extension – Lossless video to 4K 60Hz, 4:4:4
- Single wire connection – Up to 140 m – 10 Km (Cat X and fiber)
- Safe, secure - Prevents eavesdropping and unauthorized access
- Flexible, instant switching – Matrix switchable, 8 – 576 ports
- Fully interactive – Instant USB 2.0, USB 3.0 data transfer
- Reliable - Built-in redundancy, hardware back-up
- Enhanced management – Monitoring and control of signage systems
- Ideal for signage applications – Retail, public venues, transport, finance
The Draco OPS+ KVM extender is compatible with every display with an OPS+ slot. Backward compatibility with OPS displays..
Flexible, maintainable and reliable
Allows displays to be located anywhere, with single cable connection and no additional power or network cables..
Maintains full interactivity for single/multi-touch and gesture displays.
Source switching: any source to any display
A KVM matrix switch enables simple connection of any source, of any signal type to any display; ensuring the right content is seen on every screen, whenever it is needed and wherever it is. Through a convenient user control interface or bespoke controller.
Reliability and continuous operation
By centrally locating source computers, system maintenance and up-time is improved. Controlled switching and enhanced monitoring from a central point raises confidence in the operational integrity of the display network.
Security in Operation
KVM extenders greatly enhance security by restricting physical access and preventing electrical intrusion. With controlled access to computers and secured access rights, only authorized personnel can reach sensitive and critical source devices.
BroadSign is the leading ad tech company providing secure and reliable automated digital signage software to media owners and operators across the globe. Enabling the effective management of dynamic content across complex global networks, BroadSign powers over 120,000 displays in venues such as airports, shopping malls, health clinics and cinemas.
BroadSign’s software suite includes BroadSign Core for content distribution, playback and proof of performance, BroadSign Serv Direct for sales inventory availability and proposal generation, and BroadSign Serv SSP for exposure to new buyers through a customized programmatic digital out-of-home solution.
Tiny Hardware, Huge Impact
It doesn't take much to set up a new Screenly display. Take a TV, add a cost effective, tiny Raspberry Pi and display full HD quality moving imagery, web content and static images in moments.
Manage a Media Empire from Home
Whether you have a single screen in your store, or a thousand screens nationwide, manage them all within a single powerful web interface.
Set and Forget
Store your assets in the Screenly cloud for reliable long term storage. We take care of video encoding and local caching.
Ensure optimal uptime for your displays through automatic security updates and Screenly's central software management.
Monitor the Health of your Displays
Check up on the status of your display nodes in Screenly's web interface, including node uptime and connectivity status and what's currently showing.
Roll out a new display in just 4 steps. We've solved all the tricky technical problems for you so that you can focus on getting the best content in front of your audience today.
QEII CENTRE ACHIEVES RECORD OCCUPANCY LEVELS WITH NEXT GENERATION TECHNOLOGY
WHY WERE WE REQUIRED?
As part of an intensive refurbishment and rebranding programme, the central London events venue sought a next generation technology transformation to boost visitor numbers.
HOW DID WE SOLVE THE PROBLEM?
Installed a 9 panel NEC video wall and twenty-four 29” NEC screens to display high quality, dynamic content. The screens are controlled by the centre's own backend system, giving the QEII centre the flexibility to create and manage its real-time content.
WHAT WAS THE RESULT?
The venue has risen like a phoenix from its dated 80s shroud to present a modern, highly functional space benefiting from the latest technology and resulting a 20% increase in both occupancy levels and revenue over two years.
Hosting more than 400 national and international events every year, the QEII Conference Centre is the largest dedicated conference, events and exhibition space in Westminster, central London.
Opened in 1986 by Her Majesty the Queen, the last 30 years has seen the QEII Centre successfully establish itself as a world class facility for gamechangers, innovators and thought leaders amongst a vast array of industries, companies and brands.
In 2014, the QEII Centre commissioned in-depth research and competitor analysis revealing that the facility 'was of an outdated and unwelcoming interior which was confusing to navigate', said Deborah Jones, AV/IT sales manager at QEII Live, (the brand given to the Centre’s in-house AV team).
This instigated a period of transformation and a £12 million capital investment refurbishment programme which affected every aspect of the organisation with AV technical facilities absolutely central to its redesign.
‘In the first year of our business plan we invested and transformed the foyer area, converting it from a dated travel lounge with full airport scanners at the entrance to a light, airy and modern foyer with sexy digital signage including a quad resolution video wall from NEC,’ says Deborah Jones.
Impressed with its narrow bezelled video wall displays, the QEII Centre chose the NEC brand to fulfil its display requirements in the foyer. The 55” ultra-narrow display installed by AVMI, synchronises fast moving content across all 9 screens to create a stunning 4K resolution digital canvas located in prime position opposite the main entrance driven by a ONELAN 4K player along with a DataPath wallcontroller.
AVMI designed professional templates for the video wall that accommodate different zones such as a live Twitter feed, information on live and upcoming events, imagery and logos. The content is dynamic with real time event information pulled from the Centre’s own back-end system.
When multiple events are taking place simultaneously, visitors can instantly identify the correct check-in area with the help of twenty four purpose built airport style check-in desks installed by AVMI and powered by ONELAN HD10F-S players. Each individual high definition 29" ultra-wide NEC screen shows flexible bespoke customer information such as the appropriate logo, registration instructions and way-finding information.
Working collaboratively with QEII, AVMI's Digital Media division helped create full motion 3D animation, animated background graphics and time-lapse photography of iconic London scenes helping them to reinforce their brand with modern and engaging content.
Now spacious, bright and welcoming with stylish terrazzo flooring, raised ceilings, a concierge desk, video wall and sleek reception desks, the entrance is a world apart from the dark, retro look of old. Since the foyer refurbishment, the Centre has also installed a number of NEC displays including large format screens with protection glass elsewhere in public areas around the building, as well as fortyfour wayfinding screens powered by ONELAN Net-Top-Boxes.
Stylish remodelling of interiors and investment in high speed, next generation technology have futureproofed the venue for years to come, making it a modern and highly functional space.
LASER PROJECTION UNIT - MG PX1004 designed for NEC PX1004UL • NEC DLP-Laser Projector-Protection System with integrated dual-circuit cooling circulation system and high-power NEC DLP-Laser Projector-Unit for maintenance-free continuous operation up to 20.000 hours.
With the new LASER PROJECTION UNIT MG PX1004 we brought today’s standards of energy-saving and reliable long-term projector usage on a new level. The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 is currently – despite its high-performance light output of 10.000 ANSI Lumen - the most energy-saving and silent DLP-Laser Projector-Protection System of its kind. The low energy consumption was realized through a self-regulating performance adjustment in all units. It reacts extremly fast on temperature fluctuations and adjusts the needed cooling- and heating output in seconds. With this, even extreme temperature ranges from -20 °C to +48 °C (with Winter-Option/High Power Option) will be covered effortlessly in convenient long term usage.
In addition, the in- and outdoor projection system convinces through its extremely low operating noise and a maintenance-friendly system design. The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 is qualified for the continuous operation in adverse conditions such as subways, baths, dusty factory buildings, clammy caves, shopping malls as well as for outdoor use of all kinds.
The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 impresses with its excellent 4K signal processing and delivers pictures in best cinema quality. The native resolution of 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA), flexible inputs as well as the optional 3 years Europe-wide customer service package complete the "all-round carefree package".
- Image converter DarkChip DLP-Laser phosphor
- Light output 10.000 ANSI Lumen
- Resolution 1.920 x 1.200 (WUXGA)
- Inputs HDBaseT, DisplayPort, HDMI
- Ambient temperat. 1 °C (-20°) up to +48 °C
- Ambient humidity < 80 % rel. humidity
- Ventilation power In-circle 800 m³/h
- Air exchange rate < 2 Seconds
FEATURES & FUNCTIONS
- High resolution WUXGA projection system
- Aluminum housing in the desired color
- Noise reduction with sonic dampeners
- Self regulating performance adaption
- Electronic thermostat – PID regulation with desired temperatur
- Automatic condensate evaporation
- Integrated malfunction detector
- Anti-reflective front glass with fan
- Modular construction / stackable for tandem
- Lockable swing lever locks
- Large doors for easy maintenance
- Vandal-proof, robust design
- Optional: Isolation; winter-option
NEC leafengine - Making digital signage interactive with leafengine, a unified sensor - software connectivity that enables access to a broad catalogue of sensors, including gender and age classification, proximity detection, NFC, QR-Codes and many others.
NEC’s leafengine is a software product designed to integrate with existing Digital Signage software, drastically simplifying the integration, replacement and testing of new sensors. Once enabled, it allows the installation to react to changes in its environment, select and play content that matches the users profile or capture audience data for later analysis.
The leafengine middleware transforms digital signage installations into interactive experiences, reacting to the visitor’s input, customizing the content and gathering the rich market data all these processes generate. Such a goal typically required selecting, integrating and maintaining an ever-changing, ever-updating number sensors into the player software; The leafengine, on the other hand, is designed to overcome this complexity and enable access to a broad catalogue of sensors, including gender and age classification, proximity detection, NFC, QR-Codes, touch and many others.
Traditional digital signage solutions rely on demographic statistics to target specific audiences. Commonly the content is changed against pre-set times and dates, rendering it insensitive to any unforeseen circumstances.
In contrast, leafengine enables the signage solution to react in real time to the current situation, based on the input from any number of sensors. This includes, for example, determining the most picked-up products, the empty or crowded areas in a store, and of course, real time demographic and engagement data.
leafengine is an ideal solution for
- Airports and Transportation
- Leisure and Entertainment
- Facility Management / Corporate
Enhancing viewer experience and intelligence in
- Queue management and waiting time infotainment
- Product selection assistance
- Intelligent child care and entertainment
- Automated sizing and relevant product matching
- Luxury product demonstration
- Product presentation supported by gesture interactivity
- Additional information on products
Digital signage in the new SWISS VIP lounge in Zürich
In Dock E of Zürich Airport, a grey shell was transformed into the tasteful lounge of Swiss International Air Lines. From the architectural design through the technical installations to the furniture, everything is contributing to a sophisticated interior. The objective was to further enhance service quality and customer satisfaction.
Littlebit Technology was engaged to develop a suitable digital signing concept for the Swiss lounge, comprising hardware, software, installation, commissioning, content management and training.
The company installed more than 30 large-format displays by NEC and individually configurated players at the champagne bar and whiskey lounge, as well as the entrance area and the toilets. Various screen ranging from 32 to 55 inches in size were fitted into designated recesses in walls and furniture in portrait and landscape orientation.
Littlebit Technology only uses hardware designed for continuous 24/7 operation to ensure that uninterrupted performance can be ensured throughout the lounge opening hours. An axxiv media player based on the Intel NUC platform backs each display and delivers animated content. High-performance axxiv work stations are employed to control the video walls. The high-performance C-nario content management application by YCD already used for internal communications at SWISS controls the content of most of the screens at Zürich airport. That makes it the ideal platform for the installation. With 24/7 monitoring, Littlebit Technology guarantees flawless operation and exceptionally fast response times in the event of a malfunction.
Now, the Swiss lounge in Dock E is inviting a large number of customers to spend their waiting in exceptional comfort. Not least thanks to the digital signage installation contributing its share to the stylish ambience. Passengers are able to keep an eye on all up-to-date information on all aspects of their flight at all times.
Coca Cola engaged the Swiss IT distributor and digital display solutions provider Littlebit Technology AG to develop a series of digital signage solutions for cinemas and movie theatres in cooperation with NEC Display Solutions and YCD Multimedia. It presented the solutions at the CineEurope 2016 in Barcelona.
Modern multiplex cinemas use digital technology both in the cinema hall and outside the auditoriums to inform and entertain with digital signage solutions. This allows cinema operators to significantly enhance the visitor experience while also increasing revenue and customer loyalty.
CineEurope is the biggest European trade fair for cinema operators and film distributors. Here, the entire sector comes together once a year. Coca Cola is the main sponsor, and provides the trade fair’s central meeting point with the enormous Coca Cola Lounge.
Coca Cola engaged Littlebit Technology and NEC Display Solutions to set the exhibition lounge up as an imaginary multiplex cinema, and equip it with digital signage solutions. This inspired the interested trade fair audience. Cinema operators were able to experience and be impressed by the signage solutions suitable for movie theatres:
- Signposting directions to the auditorium
- Price and programme information when tickets are issued
- Digital movie posters
- Large-format video screens for movie trailers and an exciting atmosphere
- Drink and food menu in the restaurant
- Teaser monitors that encourage additional sales with food and beverage content
NEC Display Solutions provided sophisticated large screens for the impressive presentation. Littlebit Technology supplied the displays with animated content, using axxiv players – a computer line from its own production. The solution was operated with the high-performance YCD Multimedia Cnario CMS Suite and a multi-touch solution by Mediaktion GmbH. Littlebit Technology also carried out the installation and on-site assembly.
The digital signage solution is known as Smartsign Display Manager. It gives you quick and easy control over digital signage as a marketing channel. With Smartsign Display Manager, you control your message and can deliver exactly what you want. The platform is extremely stable and flexible, and is suitable for all industries. It is also user-friendly, which means that everyone in the company can use Smartsign to inform and inspire.