NEC Solutions Zone
Draco OPS+ KVM extender
The Draco OPS/OPS+ KVM extender simplifies the installation, operation and management of remote displays in retail signage, passenger information, medical and other applications.
A single module inserted into a standard OPS+ socket delivers HD and 4K video and digital audio connectivity, with full interactivity. Single wire connection – Cat X or fiber enables remote connection to displays up to 140 m / 10 km from the media source.
For hard-to-access and highly secure installations and for better system management the Draco OPS+ KVM extender delivers the ideal solution.
- High performance AV extension – Lossless video to 4K 60Hz, 4:4:4
- Single wire connection – Up to 140 m – 10 Km (Cat X and fiber)
- Safe, secure - Prevents eavesdropping and unauthorized access
- Flexible, instant switching – Matrix switchable, 8 – 576 ports
- Fully interactive – Instant USB 2.0, USB 3.0 data transfer
- Reliable - Built-in redundancy, hardware back-up
- Enhanced management – Monitoring and control of signage systems
- Ideal for signage applications – Retail, public venues, transport, finance
The Draco OPS+ KVM extender is compatible with every display with an OPS+ slot. Backward compatibility with OPS displays..
Flexible, maintainable and reliable
Allows displays to be located anywhere, with single cable connection and no additional power or network cables..
Maintains full interactivity for single/multi-touch and gesture displays.
Source switching: any source to any display
A KVM matrix switch enables simple connection of any source, of any signal type to any display; ensuring the right content is seen on every screen, whenever it is needed and wherever it is. Through a convenient user control interface or bespoke controller.
Reliability and continuous operation
By centrally locating source computers, system maintenance and up-time is improved. Controlled switching and enhanced monitoring from a central point raises confidence in the operational integrity of the display network.
Security in Operation
KVM extenders greatly enhance security by restricting physical access and preventing electrical intrusion. With controlled access to computers and secured access rights, only authorized personnel can reach sensitive and critical source devices.
Digital Signage, InStore Assistant, Self Service and Touch Mirror
The connection to the Onlineshop is ensured by the Digital Signage solution, a self service terminal, the InStore Assistant as a customer consulting tool for employees, as well as a mirror with built-in touch screen.
The 80 "digital signage screens in the shop window and as video walls in the checkout area play product videos and image pictures.
With the help of the wall-mounted self-service terminal and the 2m large mirror with built-in touch-screen, customers can capture articles via scanners and query availabilities, sizes and colors. By linking to Omnichannel processes, the articles can be ordered directly. Delivery options Ship-to-Store or Ship-to-Home are available. With the help of the InStore Assistant on smartphones, customer consultants can request item stocks and order items from other stores or the onlineshop for the customer.
The BÄR GmbH a manufactory for comfortable shoes with 22 stores throughout Germany uses for the sales consulting a combination of Guided Selling and Digital Signage .
The employees control over their mobile device, the content that will be shown on screens or video screens at the POS. This can be an emotional video as well as product or availability information or matching accessories.
Successful reference project @ the Adler Modemärkte AG shows how they benefits from the digitization of the sales floor.
The sales promotion applications are deployed at various locations of the Adler Company. In all locations the solutions demonstrate how digital solutions and personal service are intertwined and thus give the sales personnel more time to take care of customers and focus on their core tasks.
• InStore Assistant - sales advice with mobile devices
• Interactive fitting room - browse the collection and get inspired
• Digital signage at the POS - for guaranteed more attention
• Cab Occupancy App - displays occupancy
At the University of West of Scotland (UWS), a new technology-rich reception area has been created at the entrance to the Paisley campus named as “The Atrium”
The centre-piece of which is a single monolith, digital display wall:
- comprising of 32 off NEC X463UN 46” video wall displays in an 8x4 array
- overall size of the whole combine display is approx. 8.36 x 2.48M
Control is provided by a PIPView BlackBIRD video wall controller:
- managing a digital canvas of 32 displays each @ 1920x1080
- total native resolution of 15,360 x 4,320 available
- input of 16 channels – with 12 of these at 4K with stereo audio
There is a further video wall which is located behind the reception desk, control again is via another PIPView BlackBIRD unit:
- this is in a 3x3 array with the same 46” video wall display units
- total native resolution is 5,760 x 3,240
- with 4 off 4K inputs
For ease of operation, the system uses pre-set layout templates, easily selectable from a touch panel in reception.
With both video walls; to maintain quality across the whole digital canvas from the various input sources, all screens are driven at native HD resolution with the ability to display any input, any size, in any position (PIP picture in picture).
Jim O’Donnell, CIO at UWS commented “the new display area is incredible, it has been a huge hit with our students and staff alike. The technology will allow students to share digital output, bringing to life a key element of our DREAM-BELIEVE-ACHIEVE focus”
Located in Glasgow, Scotland the installation was completed in Spring 2016
The new facility was officially opened by H.R.H. the Princess Royal during a visit to the Campus on 12th February.
Finance -trusted real-time data communication -
Upgrade your content updates - Whether your audience is in the clamor of the financial district floor or in local banks, updating to digital signage solutions accurately delivers and streamlines the information you display. In the financial world, where there’s time-sensitive information constantly updating, a stable digital platform is essential to keeping that information flowing.
Reinforce brand confidence and customer experience - Digital improves the experience across all touchpoints in finance – ATM screens personalized to a single user, self-service kiosks as well as large-scale video walls streaming financial news make an immediate impact. Digital signage can transform the personal banking experience by reducing perceived wait times while entertaining and informing, always staying relevant to the current audience’s financial needs, reinforcing confidence in your brand.
- Display real-time information linking to internal data sources and live financial data feeds
- Maximize profit through cross-selling and upselling, reduced operational costs
- Generate, deploy and update content from a central location or allow for content to be updated to fit local banking conditions and audience
- Encourage customer loyalty and attract new business with eye catching promotions and interactive displays
- Tailor ATM screen content to a single user focus