NEC Solutions Zone
The Challenge: Customers want to be able to experience your brand and your story with all of their senses and across all channels. Interactive touchpoints in sales areas and showrooms or at events create a point of experience for your target group.
The Solution: First we have to attract the attention of potential customers. One way to do so is by using Virtual Promoter, a life-size avatar that reacts to people walking by and establishes an extraordinary form of customer interaction controlled by gestures.
- 84" stand alone Screen (NEC) with integrated speakers for sound and a software to control the system via gestures.
- Scalable worldwide.
- Patented for Europe.
- Part of the Connected Experience.
„I’m very pleased by the successful test campaign with AMERIA’s Virtual Promoter in our Saturn stores. This interactive tool has greatly enriched the customer experience at the POS, paving the way for more digital signage ideas.“
Martin Wild – Chief Digital Officer of MediaMarktSaturn Retail Group
Put your customers into the driver’s seat and offer them to control what to see in those digital signage displays you use in your shop window.
Our StoreFrontControl unit can be easily installed and works out-of-the-box with any media player. It offers the user easy control over what is displayed on a display – be it flipping through a newspaper, choosing products from a portfolio or steering any other content.
StoreFrontControl works through single, double or even triple glassing (LowE glass) and installs itself as a HID keyboard through a USB connection. That way it works with any operating system (Windows, Linux, MacOS, Brightsign, Spinetix and many more) and any software platform like browser based content or specialised applications – the software just needs to react to keyboard commands.
Please download the brochure, or click the "more information" button to learn more about the challenges, the solution and the result of the QEII Conference Center solution.
Yodeck - Cloud Digital Signage on the Raspberry Pi
Who said that Digital Signage is just about the Display or the Player? Yodeck.com is a complete Digital Signage cloud service that powers thousands of screens around the world and used by big brands, such as Dominos, Pizza Hut, Delta and UPS.
What can you do with Yodeck?
- Manage what gets displayed on public screens, how, and when it gets displayed
- Show combined layouts of Videos/PPT, Images, YouTube, Web, Live Streams, RSS Tickers, Widgets
- Use the same Player for Digital Signage and In-Store Audio
- Super-Easy Central Management Dashboard
- One Yodeck Player Connected to Each Monitor
- Simple & Affordable Pricing: Monthly/Annual Fee per Monitor
- Innovative Features Coming Up
What is unique about Yodeck?
Yodeck combines three characteristics that, together, make it unique:
- Designed for Low-Cost Player Hardware - currently works with:
- NEC Vxx4 & Pxx4 series displays, or
- external Raspberry Pi 3 Player we provide, ready to be used
- any Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3, Zero, Compute Module
- playback is hardware-accelerated on all options, for smooth playback
- Affordable service pricing - with remote support and software updates included
- Easy but Powerful Management Dashboard - supports any kind of content you can think of, while still staying simple so that anyone can use it
Why is Yodeck better than others?
- Unparallel Content Compatibility
- Typical Media: Images (any format), Videos (any format), Web Sites and HTML ZIP files
- Documents: PDF, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Streams: YouTube, Ustream, HLS, UDP, RTP and more
- Widgets: RSS Tickers (Scrolling Texts), clocks, Weather, and more
- Flexible & Easy Management
- Intuitive Web User Interface, so that any User or Department (HR, Marketing, etc) can manage content
- Mass-manage huge number of Media, with folders
- Create Playlists, with instant transitions between all types of content
- Define Shows (layouts), arranging Media/Playlists in a drag-and-drop screen layout editor
- Schedule playback, with a calendar-like view
- Easily manage thousands of screens using Tags
- Sub-Playlists and Tag-based Playlists for handling large collections of Media
- Proof-of-Play (Playback Reports)
- Enhanced Connectivity
- Ethernet (embedded or USB), WiFi (embedded or USB), 3G/4G/LTE (USB)
- HTTP Proxies, Web Filtering Access List, DHCP/StaticIP, and any networking configuration required
- Works over poor connections, can withstand total Internet outage of up to 30 days.
- Video-Wall Support (using 1 Player per screen + 1 "Master" Player)
- Increased Security
- Multiple Users with Permissions
- Detailed Access Control with "Workspaces", ideal for multiple content managers across different locations
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Encrypted Digital Signatures for verifying scheduling authenticity
- TLS for communication and content authenticity
- Hardened Player software, Firewalled
- Single-Sign On using SAML
- IP Whitelisting for Users
- Custom Password Policy
- Try Before You Buy
Who is using Yodeck and for what?
Yodeck is currently serving customers in the following industries:
- Menuboards - from small diners and cafes, incl. big brands like Dominos, Pizza Hut and McDonalds
- Internal Communications - companies of varying size and usage, incl. brands like Delta, Heineken and UPS
- Retail - businesses with physical store in a huge selection of retail industries, incl. brands like Flight Centre and American Express
- Dashboards / KPIs - display any kind of statistics and reports live on screens. incl. Brookhaven National Laboratory that use Yodeck to display status and statistics from their NSLS II particle accelerator.
- Transportation - from train stations schedule screens, to airports like Perth Airport
- Hospitality - used in tens of Hotels, in reception screens, Hotel channels, even pay-per-view STBs
- Healthcare - clinics, vetinaries, dentists, and more
- Betting - Betting Operators for in-shop live streaming and data feeds
- Education - several school districts, private schools, universities, research labs
- Promotional - countless businesses promoting their own services and activities
- Ad Networks - partners building networks, selling display time
With thousands of customers and more than 120 Partners in 30+ countries around the world, Yodeck can help any business make the best out of their screens.
info-beamer hosted offers a full digital signage platform optimized specifically for the Raspberry Pi. It makes use of all available hardware features of the Pi to deliver perfectly smooth, completely predicable and reliable results. All controlled by a cloud dashboard. Key features include:
- Hardware accelerated playback of FullHD videos.
- Perfectly smooth animations with full hardware support.
- A powerful web dashboard to manage one or thousands of devices.
- Automatic security updates.
- Programmatic control using APIs for complete automation.
- A robust operating system with built-in self-healing.
- Various Video Wall options.
The platform makes it easy to create custom solutions for any use-case thanks to the complete API, documentation and open design: Easily integrate existing infrastructure like content management or point of sale systems. Once a digital signage solution is ready it can be easily and reliably deployed on any number of devices.
Draco OPS+ KVM extender
The Draco OPS/OPS+ KVM extender simplifies the installation, operation and management of remote displays in retail signage, passenger information, medical and other applications.
A single module inserted into a standard OPS+ socket delivers HD and 4K video and digital audio connectivity, with full interactivity. Single wire connection – Cat X or fiber enables remote connection to displays up to 140 m / 10 km from the media source.
For hard-to-access and highly secure installations and for better system management the Draco OPS+ KVM extender delivers the ideal solution.
- High performance AV extension – Lossless video to 4K 60Hz, 4:4:4
- Single wire connection – Up to 140 m – 10 Km (Cat X and fiber)
- Safe, secure - Prevents eavesdropping and unauthorized access
- Flexible, instant switching – Matrix switchable, 8 – 576 ports
- Fully interactive – Instant USB 2.0, USB 3.0 data transfer
- Reliable - Built-in redundancy, hardware back-up
- Enhanced management – Monitoring and control of signage systems
- Ideal for signage applications – Retail, public venues, transport, finance
The Draco OPS+ KVM extender is compatible with every display with an OPS+ slot. Backward compatibility with OPS displays..
Flexible, maintainable and reliable
Allows displays to be located anywhere, with single cable connection and no additional power or network cables..
Maintains full interactivity for single/multi-touch and gesture displays.
Source switching: any source to any display
A KVM matrix switch enables simple connection of any source, of any signal type to any display; ensuring the right content is seen on every screen, whenever it is needed and wherever it is. Through a convenient user control interface or bespoke controller.
Reliability and continuous operation
By centrally locating source computers, system maintenance and up-time is improved. Controlled switching and enhanced monitoring from a central point raises confidence in the operational integrity of the display network.
Security in Operation
KVM extenders greatly enhance security by restricting physical access and preventing electrical intrusion. With controlled access to computers and secured access rights, only authorized personnel can reach sensitive and critical source devices.
BroadSign is the leading ad tech company providing secure and reliable automated digital signage software to media owners and operators across the globe. Enabling the effective management of dynamic content across complex global networks, BroadSign powers over 120,000 displays in venues such as airports, shopping malls, health clinics and cinemas.
BroadSign’s software suite includes BroadSign Core for content distribution, playback and proof of performance, BroadSign Serv Direct for sales inventory availability and proposal generation, and BroadSign Serv SSP for exposure to new buyers through a customized programmatic digital out-of-home solution.
Strimy is a very simple and versatile digital signage service: it’s the ideal solution for strong and effective visual communication. It can be used for information purposes, advertising and/or entartainment.
The client-server technology allows you to manage hundreds of monitors, at the same time, located anywhere. With a few clicks on the web interface, you can upload multimedia files into the cloud, define rss sources and schedule your contents.
The monitors can be managed individually or jointly, and at your convenience.
Strimy has been natively developed for Raspberry Pi.
It needs a 24/24h internet connection; however it’s not a streaming service: the scheduled contents are downloaded to local memory before being played, so it’s ensured to work even with intermittent connection, without bandwith consumption.
If the requirements are satisfied, Strimy is ready to work: at first boot you’ll see on screen an unique code, that has to be entered from the web interface to complete activation.
QEII CENTRE ACHIEVES RECORD OCCUPANCY LEVELS WITH NEXT GENERATION TECHNOLOGY
WHY WERE WE REQUIRED?
As part of an intensive refurbishment and rebranding programme, the central London events venue sought a next generation technology transformation to boost visitor numbers.
HOW DID WE SOLVE THE PROBLEM?
Installed a 9 panel NEC video wall and twenty-four 29” NEC screens to display high quality, dynamic content. The screens are controlled by the centre's own backend system, giving the QEII centre the flexibility to create and manage its real-time content.
WHAT WAS THE RESULT?
The venue has risen like a phoenix from its dated 80s shroud to present a modern, highly functional space benefiting from the latest technology and resulting a 20% increase in both occupancy levels and revenue over two years.
Hosting more than 400 national and international events every year, the QEII Conference Centre is the largest dedicated conference, events and exhibition space in Westminster, central London.
Opened in 1986 by Her Majesty the Queen, the last 30 years has seen the QEII Centre successfully establish itself as a world class facility for gamechangers, innovators and thought leaders amongst a vast array of industries, companies and brands.
In 2014, the QEII Centre commissioned in-depth research and competitor analysis revealing that the facility 'was of an outdated and unwelcoming interior which was confusing to navigate', said Deborah Jones, AV/IT sales manager at QEII Live, (the brand given to the Centre’s in-house AV team).
This instigated a period of transformation and a £12 million capital investment refurbishment programme which affected every aspect of the organisation with AV technical facilities absolutely central to its redesign.
‘In the first year of our business plan we invested and transformed the foyer area, converting it from a dated travel lounge with full airport scanners at the entrance to a light, airy and modern foyer with sexy digital signage including a quad resolution video wall from NEC,’ says Deborah Jones.
Impressed with its narrow bezelled video wall displays, the QEII Centre chose the NEC brand to fulfil its display requirements in the foyer. The 55” ultra-narrow display installed by AVMI, synchronises fast moving content across all 9 screens to create a stunning 4K resolution digital canvas located in prime position opposite the main entrance driven by a ONELAN 4K player along with a DataPath wallcontroller.
AVMI designed professional templates for the video wall that accommodate different zones such as a live Twitter feed, information on live and upcoming events, imagery and logos. The content is dynamic with real time event information pulled from the Centre’s own back-end system.
When multiple events are taking place simultaneously, visitors can instantly identify the correct check-in area with the help of twenty four purpose built airport style check-in desks installed by AVMI and powered by ONELAN HD10F-S players. Each individual high definition 29" ultra-wide NEC screen shows flexible bespoke customer information such as the appropriate logo, registration instructions and way-finding information.
Working collaboratively with QEII, AVMI's Digital Media division helped create full motion 3D animation, animated background graphics and time-lapse photography of iconic London scenes helping them to reinforce their brand with modern and engaging content.
Now spacious, bright and welcoming with stylish terrazzo flooring, raised ceilings, a concierge desk, video wall and sleek reception desks, the entrance is a world apart from the dark, retro look of old. Since the foyer refurbishment, the Centre has also installed a number of NEC displays including large format screens with protection glass elsewhere in public areas around the building, as well as fortyfour wayfinding screens powered by ONELAN Net-Top-Boxes.
Stylish remodelling of interiors and investment in high speed, next generation technology have futureproofed the venue for years to come, making it a modern and highly functional space.
LASER PROJECTION UNIT - MG PX1004 designed for NEC PX1004UL • NEC DLP-Laser Projector-Protection System with integrated dual-circuit cooling circulation system and high-power NEC DLP-Laser Projector-Unit for maintenance-free continuous operation up to 20.000 hours.
With the new LASER PROJECTION UNIT MG PX1004 we brought today’s standards of energy-saving and reliable long-term projector usage on a new level. The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 is currently – despite its high-performance light output of 10.000 ANSI Lumen - the most energy-saving and silent DLP-Laser Projector-Protection System of its kind. The low energy consumption was realized through a self-regulating performance adjustment in all units. It reacts extremly fast on temperature fluctuations and adjusts the needed cooling- and heating output in seconds. With this, even extreme temperature ranges from -20 °C to +48 °C (with Winter-Option/High Power Option) will be covered effortlessly in convenient long term usage.
In addition, the in- and outdoor projection system convinces through its extremely low operating noise and a maintenance-friendly system design. The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 is qualified for the continuous operation in adverse conditions such as subways, baths, dusty factory buildings, clammy caves, shopping malls as well as for outdoor use of all kinds.
The LASER PROJECTION MG PX1004 impresses with its excellent 4K signal processing and delivers pictures in best cinema quality. The native resolution of 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA), flexible inputs as well as the optional 3 years Europe-wide customer service package complete the "all-round carefree package".
- Image converter DarkChip DLP-Laser phosphor
- Light output 10.000 ANSI Lumen
- Resolution 1.920 x 1.200 (WUXGA)
- Inputs HDBaseT, DisplayPort, HDMI
- Ambient temperat. 1 °C (-20°) up to +48 °C
- Ambient humidity < 80 % rel. humidity
- Ventilation power In-circle 800 m³/h
- Air exchange rate < 2 Seconds
FEATURES & FUNCTIONS
- High resolution WUXGA projection system
- Aluminum housing in the desired color
- Noise reduction with sonic dampeners
- Self regulating performance adaption
- Electronic thermostat – PID regulation with desired temperatur
- Automatic condensate evaporation
- Integrated malfunction detector
- Anti-reflective front glass with fan
- Modular construction / stackable for tandem
- Lockable swing lever locks
- Large doors for easy maintenance
- Vandal-proof, robust design
- Optional: Isolation; winter-option
Connected Cafe - Scala Self ordering solution
Ordering coffee is fun and easy with our ordering solution featuring a touchscreen kiosk. Take a selfie when sending in your order for coffee on the self-service tablet. When your drink is ready to pick up, your own picture appears on a video wall signaling that it’s ready to pick up and enjoy!
Retailers can expand on the experience using their own mobile app, proximity beacons and interactive display screens. Customers send in an order for their favorite cup of coffee from anywhere, any time using the app on their own mobile device, and also include a picture of themselves. Beacons detect when they’ve entered the area, the coffee starts brewing and their own picture pops up on the screen to alert them when their order is ready.