Munich, 03 March, 2016 – NEC Display Solutions Europe is to showcase its innovative display technology solutions for airports at this year’s Passenger Terminal EXPO (PTE) in Cologne, Germany from 15-17 March 2016 at Köln Messe, stand 8070 in Hall 10.1.
At PTE 2016, NEC will demonstrate reliable display applications dedicated to each stage of the airport experience, including presenting flight information, interactive way-finding, engaging retail solutions, departure gate of the future and monitoring in the control room.
Richard Wilks, Aviation Business Development Manager EMEA at NEC Display Solutions, comments: “Airports are constantly challenged to offer an efficient proposition to its passengers, discouraging confusion or anxiety during the travelling experience, whilst remaining profitable and attractive. NEC’s display innovation, on show at PTE, helps ensure the airport is one step ahead of the travellers’ needs.”
Visitors to the NEC stand at PTE will see a new approach to displaying information at the airport through the use of LED display surfaces, which offer flexibility in presenting information that was not possible before. LED technology is set to transform how architects design and build airports, as they offer building blocks of a digital surface, allowing greater opportunity for creativity and better addressing the particular needs of each stakeholder at the airport. New shapes and new surfaces can be explored and turned into digital surfaces. This gives advertisers, designers, operations, retailers – any aspect of the airport that is concerned with a positive passenger experience – the opportunity to completely change how people interact with visual information and to do so whilst benefiting the profitability of the airport.
ichard Wilks, continues: “At PTE 2016 we are showcasing new ways in which innovative display solutions transform the passenger experience, making it a smooth and intuitive visual journey. By leveraging new technologies, such as LED, we can create digital surfaces, opening the door to a completely new airport experience.”
At its stand, 8070, NEC will be showing:
- 1.5mm and 1.9mm fine pitch indoor LED surfaces – the latest LED products providing an elegant modular and future ready integration with front and rear access for ease of maintenance
- New high brightness 55- and 75-inch information displays, making sure advertising campaigns or passenger information like flights are clearly visible to the audience in any lighting condition
- 3x4 video wall using new UN551S displays, with barely visible bezel width of just 1.8 mm, to inform, engage and entertain the visitors in public spaces and shopping areas
- 84- and 98-inch 4K UHD large format displays, delivering an extraordinary reality-like visual experience extending the ideal viewing distance and allowing both long distance and proximity viewing
- 65-inch multi-touch table creating interactive and ‘pixel-free’ visual experiences, inspiring travellers for way-finding or retail signage applications
NEC Display Solutions has the widest portfolio of airport related display products and solutions of any supplier in Europe, with more than 40,000 LCD displays installed in over 190 airports worldwide including Heathrow, Munich, Dubai and Las Vegas.
Passenger Terminal EXPO and Conference is the most highly regarded airport terminal conference in the world, with delegates from over 90 countries, ranging from managers and their teams to CEOs. The conference offers the opportunity to address key issues affecting developments, share views, exchange ideas, benefit from the experiences of peers, and seek innovation and solutions.
Follow us on Twitter at @NEC_Display_EU to keep up-to-date with all NEC Display Solutions news in EMEA. To find out the latest from the event, keep an eye on the hashtag #PTE2016